Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Years!




It's 11:35 pm on December 31, 2014.  That's right, it's New Year's Eve.  I'm currently stretched out on the couch with my cat in my lap, watching the celebrations on  T.V.  It is with no shame that I admit to wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt, fuzzy socks, and being buried under three blankets.  As you can tell, I'm not the party kind of girl when it comes to this particular holiday.  In fact, I tend to think that New Years is usually a lame excuse to get drunk and party, and a bad opportunity for cheesy proposals (no offense).  By the way, Jenny McCarthy just tried to convince the world that Times Square at 22 degrees was just as cold as a town in Wyoming, whose temperature is -35 degrees Fahrenheit.  "Just so you know, the official freezing temperature of silicon is also 22 degrees," she spouts and she knocks on one of her fake breasts.  Really??!!  Would you be offended if I said that live T.V. has become so trashy?  As a fellow resident of Iowa, I can safely say that there is a huge difference between 22 and -35 degrees.

Ok, rant is over.  I don't normally make New Year's resolutions, mostly because I get hyped up with all the feel good crap and make unrealistic resolutions, which I never keep.  Last year however, I did make a few, and I ended up keeping some of them.  I think the main difference between last year and others was that my resolutions were realistic and they were about very important things in my life, rather than a list of everything I thought I had to fix about my entire life.  This year I would like to make a few resolutions again, and hopefully keep them.  These will be aimed at improving my role in the various relationships that I'm involved in, including how I treat myself.  Here goes:

~I would like to be a better listener to those who always listen to me~
~I need to stop complaining, even during the difficult moments~
~Stick to a budget~
~Stand up for myself~
~Actively believe that God will provide for me, in anything I truly need~
~Be honest when someone/something is bothering me~

I'm sure there are others that should've made the list, but these are the biggies floating around in my head at the moment.  I hope that you all have a happy, safe, and wonderful new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment