Monday, August 24, 2015

Single Darcy

Dear K,

Somebody made a Russian reference today and I almost told them about us, about our "dead cat nights" and how speaking in zee Russian made zee problemz go avay.  We were sitting in the phlebotomy area learning how to draw blood, and your Red-Cross-traveling-the-world dream came to mind.  You would've loved it here and probably done a better job than me!

I almost snapped a picture of this beautiful tree outside my window, right across the street from a baseball field.  Have you thrown the softball lately?  I practiced my basketball shooting with crumpled up homework sheets: I was a little rusty.

Today was move in day at school and I can't help but wonder if everything went smoothly and you're all snuggled in F.S. Hall.  Last year with you was amazing and simply quite wonderful, but at the moment I feel quite sad.  So many times I've turned to share something with you, only to see an empty space.  The phone calls and texts become lost in cyberspace, and I'm left wondering why?  What have I done to drive you away?  Did I imagine those times last fall, belly laughing on our backs in the middle of the living room floor?  What about the late night runs?

There are three refilled water jugs perched on top of my refrigerator and you know what?   I'm mad...and hurt....and feel slightly betrayed.  I've never been mad at you before.  I don't like it.

I wish you were a stupid boy so I could just forget you and move on, but it doesn't work like that.  We  were both supposed to be there for the good, the bad, and the ugly.......but I can't seem to find you anymore.

I miss you like Darcy misses his Elizabeth (but not in the romantic way!).

-KB

P.S.- I've almost caught up to you in Gilmore Girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment