Monday, October 12, 2015

A Small October Victory





Today is a small victory, albeit it had nothing to do with any great effort of mine.  Autumn is my absolute favorite season and I have been accused of celebrating early one too many times, but today is simply perfect.  Situated precisely in the middle of October, the air is crisp, cool, and clear.  The sun is shining down a bit too cheerily for my taste, but I will take what I can get.  Orange-red leaves are kicked up by the breeze and left to tumble to the ground.  It's mesmerizing watching their descent, almost like watching the Blue Angels at an air show.  I have admittedly cheated and bought apple cinnamon wax melts so that the aroma permeates every room of our very small apartment, but the smell of legitimately baked pumpkin gingerbread lingers in the corners.  I quickly go over the mental checklist: sweatshirt (check), blanket (check), open windows (check), comfy chair (check), good book not related to school (check).  Yes, I do believe this is the first perfect fall day of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment