Saturday, December 11, 2010

13days 02hrs 08mins 17secs...

"Oh the weather outside is frightful..."


Frightful indeed.  My car is currently stuck in our mall's parking lot, no doubt buried in a pile of snow.  After getting stuck once already this morning on my way to work (thankfully my dad was out to give me a push), my boss's husband gave me a ride home after we closed up shop early.  We decided it wasn't worth the risk of me trying to plow through the frozen drifts, and navigate around messy corners.  The wind hasn't stopped blowing all day long.  I say "blowing", but what I really mean is that the wind is so fierce, it feels as if an atomic bomb has been dropped on our front doorstep (without the heat, of course). 

When I went to bed last night, it was raining and there wasn't a stitch of white, fluffy stuff to be found.  It was a different story as I woke up this morning.  A good six inches had descended to earth, and it was still going strong.  I'm not even sure what we're up to now.  As I sit in my cozy, Christmas-lighted room, I silently thank God that it's the twenty-first century and houses are sturdy and sealed up tight.  I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if we had to live in a mud hut or a log cabin on the prairie.

I am both dreading and looking forward to tomorrow.  I'm dreading the task of rescuing my car from the mall and trying to get it safely home again.  It shall be interesting.  Besides that, I'm excited for tomorrow also because my mom has decided to do a bunch of holiday baking, in which I get to partake!  Tarts, cookies, and chocolate snowballs are on the menu, along with a good dose of holiday cheer!  Sorry, that last part may have been a little cheesy :)

I'm signing off for now, but will leave you with this interesting Christmas fact:

"Jingle Bells" was first written for Thanksgiving and then became one of the most popular Christmas songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment