Normally, once I've finished decorating, our living room looks like Christmas threw up everywhere. This year however, I had to put the kibosh on that method due to the fact that our cats seem to break everything by knocking it over. I made up for the lack of decor in the living room by sprucing up my own bedroom. Colored lights and bulbs hang around a rough perimeter of the ceiling, with my hand made ornaments dangling down. Christmas candles perch on every available space, and a great maroon bow adhered itself to my bookshelf. Some may think it looks tacky, but I absolutely love it.
Today's Christmas Countdown tid bit is a game called Dirty Santa. Now I've never heard of this game before (although I think I'm in the minority on this one), but I thought it sounded like a lot of fun.
How to Play Dirty Santa1. Everyone playing the game brings a wrapped gift so there is no indication about what is inside. Place the gifts together under the tree or on a table.
2. The host writes a number on scrap pieces of paper for every gift and places them in a basket, bowl or hat.
3. Each person draws a number. Getting a higher number is actually better because you will have more opened gifts to choose from.
4. The person with #1 picks a gift to open from the pile. The person with #2 can choose to open another package or steal the gift from #1. If a gift is stolen, the person who had it then steals from someone else or picks another gift to open.
5. The game continues like this until everyone takes a turn opening or stealing a gift. The last person to go can steal from anyone in the game or open the remaining gift.
6. Once a gift is stolen three times, it is retired from the game.