Wednesday, December 8, 2010

16days 09hrs 47mins 53secs....

"How many more days are there now?" asks my little brother.
"17 more days" I reply.  These are the first words from my brother's mouth as he wakes up in the morning.  Right now, his only concern is how long it is before Christmas.  17 more days, I think to myself.  Holy cow, I need to get my shopping finished.  On top of that, I'm fresh out of creative ideas for this season, it seems like.  My parents drop hints every now and then about the cool presents thet got me, and how I'm going to love them.  This makes me feel a bit guilty and adds to the pressure of finding a good gift for each of them.  The holidays aren't too crazy around here because we don't have a bunch of family and friends over, but we do have a lot of important dates to keep up with: 22nd is my parent's anniversary, 24th is my mom's b-day, and of course the 25th is Christmas.  Like I said,  a little busy!  I have to go to work pretty soon, but I thought I would sneak in here for a quick post (it's been a few days, sorry).

  • Witches and Evil spirits are the greatest broom thieves. The Norwegians once believed that witches and devious spirits were likely to steal their brooms on Christmas Eve. Who knows maybe a mischievous prankster stole a few brooms during that period and the legend stuck.



  • Forego throwing out your Christmas tree and make it lunch. The Evergreen is actually edible, well most parts of it anyway. In addition, it is nutrient enriched, so if you take the advice stated previously you'd be getting a good source of Vitamin C and roughage. Don't mind that you will be eating a tree; it's just one step away from any other vegetable.



  • Christmas was illegal in England from 1647-1660. This was enforced by the then leader Oliver Cromwell who believed it was immoral to hold celebrations on one of the holiest days of the year. The celebration of Christmas was therefore a criminal offence which could lead to an individual being arrested if he or she was found guilty of condoning any revelry during the period.


  • All facts taken from the following site: http://www.christmasfacts.net/interesting-christmas-facts

    1 comment:

    1. I like the idea of someone specifially stealing multiple brooms. Delightfully bonkers.

      ReplyDelete